Asp Password protection + Redirect

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by tamilgirl, Feb 9, 2004.

  1. tamilgirl

    tamilgirl Guest

    Hi,

    I have a big question. I will explain it in steps -

    1) Users login to members section using a member id connected to MS
    Access database. A session variable is set for 30 minutes for all
    member section pages

    2) In member section page there is a page with link, which when
    clicked will lead our members to a library page at different server.
    We don't have any control on that server.

    So this is what we want to do:

    Once members click the link to library page, only certain priveliged
    members can see the library page, so we want to password protect the
    link. Once they click the link, we want ask for userid once again and
    for password and then redirect them to library page.

    My question is how to incorporate password into the members table,
    since only certain priveliged members can view the page. What happens
    to session variable which is already set, can i connect to database
    again, if so how to do it. There are about 4000 members how to
    generate password for all of them, and then how will the library
    server know that the person is coming legally from our server

    I know the questions are really confusing, but i am sure there are
    many genius out there who must have done this before, any help would
    be appreciated,

    thank you,
    tamilgirl
    tamilgirl, Feb 9, 2004