ASP --> PERL SCRIPT HELP>>PLEASE>>

kalusalu

Hello..I was browsing thru the newsgroups ...and was wondering if anyone
here can be of assistance to me....as I am very very new to PERL..and have
this ASP SCRIPT..I have to convert...

<%
'Response.Content.Type = "text/plain"
vpath = Request("vpath")

IF vpath = "" then
vpath = "/"
END IF

realPath = server.mappath(vpath)

Set f = fs.GetFolder(realPath)

response.write f.Size & vbcrlf
response.write.realPath & vbcrlf
response.write vpath & vbcrlf
%>

it outputs the following:
34342323423 D:\www-roots\www.example.com.80/wwwroot/

the diskusage the real path the virtual path

I have written this..

# $d = det_dir_name();

$size = 0;
DIR = opendir $d

While (readdir DIR) {
next if /^\.\.?$/ ;
next if -d$_;
$size == -s $_;
}

print $size
print $d

cannot find a function for this det dir name...any ideas..and how I convert
this ASP SCRIPT ????

Barrett Clark

I think this may be more of a webserver question than a perl question.

Virtual server path sounds vaporish, and very Microsofty (given that you are
using ASP).

Sara

kalusalu said:
[...]

Gooday:

First off try to get your organization off of ASP's- become part of
the solution not part of the problem. Bill isn't rich enough yet?

Having said that, a few variations on your idioms you might consider
(code is typed into the response panel - NOT TESTED!) :

#!(pathToPerl)/perl -w
# get used to using -w switch! And look at -T if you're writing CGI

use strict; # a great switch to use particularly for newbies

use diagnostics; # optional but gives you some nice wordy messages

# let's declare our vars
my $size = 0;

# let's be helpful to ourselves and signal problems? No?
# assumes $pathToDir was declared somewhere!
die "huh? what happened\n$!\n" unless opendir DIR, $pathtoDir;

# filtered arrays are much nicer to work with!
@d = grep !/^\.\.?$/, readdir DIR;

# close up this connection as soon as possible
closedir DIR;

# now I assume your trying to SUM the filesizes, ignoring directories?
# so I'd replace the == in your code with += if that's correct..

for (@d)
{next if -d $_;
$size += -s $_;
}
my $f = @d; # number of files
my $a = $size / $f; #average filesize for fun
print "total file size for $pathToDir is $size\n$f files, avergage
size $a\n";
print "Yes I love Perl- its everything that MS isn not!\n\n";