asp permission error

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Joe, Aug 29, 2004.

  1. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Hello everyone,

    I have just installed the aspsmartupload component and I
    am getting this error

    Server object error 'ASP 0178 : 80070005'

    Server.CreateObject Access Error

    /scripts/aspSmartUpload/Sample1.asp, line 15

    The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking
    permissions. Access is denied to this object.

    Can anyone direct me how to set the permissions here?

    Here is the URL of my pages you can see for yourself
    http://tech1solutions.com/aspsmartupload/default.htm

    My OS is Server 2003 and the FPSE extensions are also on
    this web just to let you know

    Joe, Aug 29, 2004

  2. Joe

    Joe Guest

    I was fortunate enough to find aspfaq.com and found the
    answer. I thank you very much this is an awesome site!

    Joe

    Joe, Aug 29, 2004

  3. Joe

    Roland Hall Guest

    "Joe" wrote in message news:235701c48dda$7b28e0c0$...
    :I was fortunate enough to find aspfaq.com and found the
    : answer. I thank you very much this is an awesome site!

    Joe...

    A lot of us here know what your issue was because it is common but including
    your answer is beneficial for those that do not know. Also, to praise Aaron
    for his site, you might want to do that directly rather than take the off
    chance he might catch it here.
    http://aspfaq.com/contact.asp

    --
    Roland Hall
    or fitness for a particular purpose. */

    Roland Hall, Aug 29, 2004
  4. Joe

    Joe Guest

    I really do not know where to begin? But I really like
    this section of the newsgroups and the wonderful support
    here. I have been an active student and contributor in the
    newsgroups for sometime and I have never ever had a reply
    like this! w00t! thanks
    Maybe someday my work as an Author will do for the human
    race what the newsgroups have done for the Internet and
    technological community

    Thanks Joe
    www.ImmoralBalance.com

    $...
    >:I was fortunate enough to find aspfaq.com and found the
    >: answer. I thank you very much this is an awesome site!
    >
    >Joe...
    >
    >A lot of us here know what your issue was because it is

    common but including
    >your answer is beneficial for those that do not know.

    Also, to praise Aaron
    >for his site, you might want to do that directly rather

    than take the off
    >chance he might catch it here.
    >http://aspfaq.com/contact.asp
    >
    >--
    >Roland Hall
    >/* This information is distributed in the hope that it

    will be useful, but
    >without any warranty; without even the implied warranty

    of merchantability

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp

    Joe, Aug 30, 2004