    problem it would seem to have occured regardless or the OS of the
    requesting machine. (After all, this is requested through HTTP)
    , Oct 4, 2004

  2. Mark Schupp Guest

    That particular error is usually associated with a setting the Net8
    configuration files.

    Solution is here: http://www.lazydba.com/oracle/0__14272.html

    Through Oracle 8 we normally recommend using the Microsoft ODBC for Oracle
    driver because the Oracle ODBC drivers have been unstable. Starting with
    Oracle 9 you have to use the Oracle ODBC drivers because the Microsoft
    driver doesn't support past Oracle 8. It does appear that the latest Oracle
    ODBC drivers are more reliable than they have been in the past.

    You might also want to have a look at using OLEDB because ODBC is
    deprecated.

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development