    workable.

    What should I do?

    Peter
    Peter Chan, Oct 18, 2004

  2. Can you be a tad more descriptive perhaps? What does "not workable" mean?

    Ray at home

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Oct 18, 2004

  3. Peter Chan

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 00:44:45 +0800, "Peter Chan"
    <> wrote:

    >For security, I turned off IIS default website and created a new website
    >"MyWebsite". I set allowing script and read for IUser, but asp seems not
    >workable.
    >
    >What should I do?

    Too late now, but you just performed a security change that has no
    effect. :)

    There is no difference between the default web site and any other.

    As for your ASP problem, the solution would be to fix whatever is not
    working. You know that and I know that. What's not working though is
    something you know, but I don't know. You probably know it isn't
    working because you saw or heard something to make you think that. I
    was watching the girl walking across the street and listening to my
    iPod, so I missed what you must have seen or heard.

    Sorry, but until you tell us what "seems not workable" about it we
    probably can't help. Even a version of IIS might have provided a
    clue...

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Oct 18, 2004
  4. Peter Chan

    Peter Chan Guest

    Sorry, I should say clear:

    I wrote a "hello world" asp, the following error returned:

    There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be
    displayed.

    HTTP 500 - Internal server error
    Internet Explorer

    The configuration of "MyWebsite" are summarized:

    - Virtual Directory:
    - Checked "Read"
    - Excecute Permissions: Scripts only
    - Application Protection: Medium (Pooled)
    - Configuration....
    - .asp -> C:\winnt\system32\inetsrv\asp.dll
    - Enable buffering
    - Default ASP language: VBScript

    What should I do for a new user defined Website for aps application?

    Peter

    message news:uQSgt$...

    Peter Chan, Oct 19, 2004
  5. Peter Chan

    Peter Chan Guest

    Sorry, I should say clear:

    I wrote a "hello world" asp, the following error returned:

    There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be
    displayed.

    HTTP 500 - Internal server error
    Internet Explorer

    The configuration of "MyWebsite" are summarized:

    - Virtual Directory:
    - Checked "Read"
    - Excecute Permissions: Scripts only
    - Application Protection: Medium (Pooled)
    - Configuration....
    - .asp -> C:\winnt\system32\inetsrv\asp.dll
    - Enable buffering
    - Default ASP language: VBScript

    The IIS verison is 5.0 with Windows 2000 server.

    Peter Chan, Oct 19, 2004
  6. First let's find out what the error is.
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109

    Ray at home

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Oct 19, 2004
  7. Peter Chan

    Peter Chan Guest

    Hi Ray,

    Thank you for your great help. After disable show friendly error message and
    show asp error message, the error message directed me to server event log.
    There were two error events logged:

    ID=36

    Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: W3SVC
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 36
    Date: 19/10/2004
    Time: 14:46:51
    User: N/A
    Computer: BONBEL
    The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC/3/Root/ckfw'. The error
    was 'The server process could not be started because the configured identity
    is incorrect. Check the username and password.
    '.
    For additional information specific to this message please visit the
    Microsoft Online Support site located at:

    ID=10004
    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: DCOM
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 10004
    Date: 19/10/2004
    Time: 14:46:51
    User: N/A
    Computer: BONBEL
    DCOM got error "Overlapped I/O operation is in progress. " and was unable to
    logon .\IWAM_BONBEL in order to run the server:
    {3D14228D-FBE1-11D0-995D-00C04FD919C1}

    I then checked that both accounts IUSR_ and IWAM_ were locked out. After
    remove locked-out, the asp is workable.

    Thanks you very much for your greate help.

    Peter

    message news:...

    Peter Chan, Oct 19, 2004