asp program trying to open ms access 97 database on network fails

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by damezumari, Mar 27, 2006.

  1. damezumari

    damezumari Guest

    I try to run http://localhost/scroller/scrollertest.asp in my IE 6
    browser.

    The asp program tries to connect to a MS Access 97 database.

    The program works when the database is sitting on any local drive, but
    when I put it on a network drive I get this error message:

    Error Type:
    Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005)
    The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file 'g:\test97.mdb'.
    It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need
    permission to view its data.
    /scroller/scrollertest.asp, line 31

    Browser Type:
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322;
    ..NET CLR 2.0.50727)

    The file is not opened by anyone else and no password is set to view
    its data.

    This is the important part of the code:

    <%
    Dim adoCon
    Set adoCon = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    adoCon.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
    "Data Source=" & "g:\test97.mdb"

    Which permissions are needed?

    damezumari, Mar 27, 2006