ASP public folder Home Page

Ray at

Here are my thoughts, questions, and suggestions:

What does your resultant HTML look like?

Will everyone have an S drive? Perhaps you should use UNC paths.

You don't have any <td>s in your table.

Ray at work

David

task: assigning a home page to a public folder(outlook xp) that will list
all sub dir's(links), click on a dir link and all files are listed

problem: it lists the dir - just not as links

would also like help on listing contents of dir when the link is clicked

code:
<%
Dim fso
Dim Rootfolder
Dim SubFolder

set fso = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set RootFolder = fso.GetFolder ("S:\SMC\Projects")
%>
<%
for each SubFolder in RootFolder.SubFolders
%>
<%
Next
%>

thanks... David

Ray at

What does the HTML SOURCE look like? From your orginal post, it sounded as
though you just wanted to link to file:// links that would open explorer.exe
with at the path clicked on. Maybe what you're looking for is something
like this. ?

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2311

Ray at work

David

Win 2000 SBS
Office XP - on all wks.
Everyone has a "S" Drive

*** page should look like ***

Directory 1(link)
Directory 2(link)
Directory 3(link)
Directory 4(link)

click on a dir and this will list all docs in that folder...

David

David

Ray, I posted the asp source code - here it is again, I would like a simple
text listing of the dir names as links, that when you click on a link the
list of dir is replaced with a page that displays all docs in that dir. as
links - click on a doc link and the doc opens. I don't need to open
explorer.exe

<%@ Language=VBScript %>
<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<%
Dim fso
Dim Rootfolder
Dim SubFolder

set fso = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set RootFolder = fso.GetFolder ("S:\SMC\Projects")
%>
<%
for each SubFolder in RootFolder.SubFolders
%>
href="S:\SMC\<%=SubFolder.Name%>"></a><%=SubFolder.Name%></td></tr>
<%
Next
%>
</BODY>

Scott McNair

task: assigning a home page to a public folder(outlook xp) that will
list all sub dir's(links), click on a dir link and all files are
listed

problem: it lists the dir - just not as links

would also like help on listing contents of dir when the link is
clicked

code: [snip]

href="S:\SMC\<%=SubFolder.Name%>"></a><%=SubFolder.Name%></tr>

You're going to kick yourself for this one:

Your subfolder name is outside the <a> tag. Change the line to

and see how that goes. I didn't test the actual code, but I noticed
that problem. The code may still be broken after that bit of code-fix.

David

Thanks Group all for your help,

not quite there yet, free time to complete this is expensive - maybe another
day...

David