ASP question?

hkhellhkhell

So, I got this vbs file (actually several) and it puts an application
into maintenance mode for monitoring purposes. This VBS file needs to
be run on the server. IIS is installed, but I do not know how to
implement this process into a web page so that I can execute the
scripts remotely.

I just want to have 2 buttons - one for "on" and the other one for
"off". Clicking the buttons shall run the VBS script locally on the
server against my app.

I have not found any tutorials or a sample web page. Any hint or help
would be appreciated.

Thanks.
from Thomas

Alan M

So, I got this vbs file (actually several) and it puts an application
into maintenance mode for monitoring purposes. This VBS file needs to
be run on the server. IIS is installed, but I do not know how to
implement this process into a web page so that I can execute the
scripts remotely.

I just want to have 2 buttons - one for "on" and the other one for
"off". Clicking the buttons shall run the VBS script locally on the
server against my app.

I have not found any tutorials or a sample web page. Any hint or help
would be appreciated.

Thanks.

you can simply make a link to the vbs, but this will bring up a open save
dialog box and then a run dialog box.

You could transfer the vbs to asp and have the code run on the server that
way. This usually involves minor changes.

need to see code