ASP RecordSet output to a .CSV textfile

Matt Massie

After I've performed a query and held the data in a RecordSet (rsQuery), can
I dump the recordset into a comma separated text file? How?

Bob Barrows

Matt said:
After I've performed a query and held the data in a RecordSet
(rsQuery), can I dump the recordset into a comma separated text file?
How?

Already answered in .asp.db.

Hey Matt,
The .asp.db newsgroup was the appropriate newsgroup for this question: it
was database-related, and it was asp-related - a great fit for .asp.db. You
did not have to post it here as well. Most of the experts in this group also
subscribe to that group as well, and it can be annoying to have to read the
same question multiple times. In addition, by posting the same question
separately in these newsgroups, you created a "multipost". This is bad
because users in one group cannot see replies to the question from the other
group. This could cause somebody to waste his time answering a question that
has already been answered in the other group, which will certainly be
annoying, and may cause the person who wasted his time to put you on Ignore.
Who knows, this person may be the only person in the newsgroups who knows
the answer to your next question, and you're never going to receive his
answer.

The best policy is, post your question to one appropriate newsgroup. If
you've posted it in the wrong place, someone will let you know, and
hopefully will be polite enough to suggest a more appropriate newsgroup. If
you can't decide which of several newsgroups is the most appropriate, use
the cross-posting technique: put the names of the newsgroups into the To
field of a single message and post it once. It will be posted to all the
groups in your To field. The benefit is that replies to the message will
appear in all the newsgroups to which you cross-posted it, so subscripers to
all the groups will know that your problem has been resolved. The downside
is that extra bandwidth will be used as a result, so always strive to keep
the number of cross-posted groups to a minimum.

Bob