asp request data lost with iis 6.0

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Markus, Nov 25, 2004.

  1. Markus

    Markus Guest

    Hello,

    I have an asp application with a logon form that posts form content
    (username and pw textbox) to itself in order to process and verify. If
    the application is set to windows integrated authentication in iis
    6.0, form data is posted well and can be accessed in the target asp
    page via request("tbUserName").

    If the web runs in anonymous authentication mode only (which is
    neccessary as it is accessed from the internet and not only within a
    single domain) with the default IUSR_MACHINENAME as account, the page
    is also postet on submit, but the request data does not return the
    value of the textboxes and the request is empty
    (request.totalbytes=0). In IIS 5.0 it works fine.

    Others wrote, that this could be an issue of mixed authentication
    modes within a web, but this is not the case.

    Any ideas to solve or workaround this problem?

    br
    Markus

    Markus, Nov 25, 2004

  2. Markus

    Mark Schupp Guest

    simplify your code as much as possible while still exhibiting the behavior
    and post it.

    --
    --Mark Schupp
    Head of Development