    What I want is to allow customers to upload
    binary files after they identify themselves.
    Perhaps there is an easier way to do this.

    charles cashion, Feb 18, 2007

  2. I am going to guess that the reason for this is that XP Home does not come
    with a version of IIS (XP Pro comes with IIS 5.1).
    --
    Nathan Sokalski

    http://www.nathansokalski.com/

    Nathan Sokalski, Feb 18, 2007

  3. You cant run a asp.net webserver for asp on XP Home natively as IIS won't
    install on XP Home, you will need Pro oryou could try to install Mono -
    http://www.mono-project.com/ASP.NET.

    From the description you give you could probably just run an ftp server to
    allow upload of files.
    http://www.goldenftpserver.com/