    end: No middle tier - all embedded SQL.

    If you are so kind as to respond please post to the newsgroup for all
    to share.
    rlm, May 20, 2005

  2. "rlm" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I know, solely as a matter of fact, that a web based application
    > written in (100%) VBScript/JavaScript & embedded SQL will not scale.
    > However, I can only conjecture as to the reasons why. We have been
    > tasked with writing a report about the limitations of an application.
    >
    > What is a good resource for describing the technical details regarding
    > the "un-scalability" of a VBScript/Javascript application.
    >
    > The environment is IIS 5.0 on a Win 2K server against a SQL Server back
    > end: No middle tier - all embedded SQL.

    Try this google search: site:microsoft.com asp scalability
    Lots of good hits ...

    --
    Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    Tom Kaminski [MVP], May 20, 2005

  3. rlm

    StephenMcC Guest

    Hi rlm,

    Find included a no. of MSDN links on improving ASP performance, these might
    highlight areas where ur performace problems lie. But then it's mostly due to
    the fact that ASP is only meant to be used for the user services in ur app,
    with business code/rules encapsulated in mid-tier MTS/COM+ components written
    in VB or C++, with this done it should speed right up (if done right!).

    Stephen.

    ASP Performance.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnasp/html/asptips.asp

    ASP Performance..