ASP Scalability

rlm

I know, solely as a matter of fact, that a web based application
written in (100%) VBScript/JavaScript & embedded SQL will not scale.
However, I can only conjecture as to the reasons why. We have been
tasked with writing a report about the limitations of an application.

What is a good resource for describing the technical details regarding
the "un-scalability" of a VBScript/Javascript application.

The environment is IIS 5.0 on a Win 2K server against a SQL Server back
end: No middle tier - all embedded SQL.

If you are so kind as to respond please post to the newsgroup for all
to share.

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

rlm said:
I know, solely as a matter of fact, that a web based application
written in (100%) VBScript/JavaScript & embedded SQL will not scale.
However, I can only conjecture as to the reasons why. We have been
tasked with writing a report about the limitations of an application.

What is a good resource for describing the technical details regarding
the "un-scalability" of a VBScript/Javascript application.

The environment is IIS 5.0 on a Win 2K server against a SQL Server back
end: No middle tier - all embedded SQL.

Try this google search: site:microsoft.com asp scalability
Lots of good hits ...

StephenMcC

Hi rlm,

Find included a no. of MSDN links on improving ASP performance, these might
highlight areas where ur performace problems lie. But then it's mostly due to
the fact that ASP is only meant to be used for the user services in ur app,
with business code/rules encapsulated in mid-tier MTS/COM+ components written
in VB or C++, with this done it should speed right up (if done right!).

Stephen.

ASP Performance.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnasp/html/asptips.asp

ASP Performance..