asp script engine registrition

Discussion in 'Python' started by jianchiwei, Apr 28, 2004.

  1. jianchiwei

    jianchiwei Guest

    question:
    I run
    c:\python23\Lib\site-packages\win32comext\axscript\client\pyscript.py
    and it told me
    Registered: Python
    Registration of Python ActiveX Scripting Engine complete.

    But, when I run a asp script

    <%@LANGUAGE=Python%>
    <HTML>
    <head></head>
    <h1>Python - Test</h1>

    I still get
    HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error
    caused by the first line of code "<%@LANGUAGE=Python%>".
    It seems to me that python script engine is not correctly registered.
    Could someone help me on this please?
    Thanks
    J.W.
    jianchiwei, Apr 28, 2004

  2. jianchiwei

    Tom Guest

    jianchiwei wrote...

    > question:
    > I run
    > c:\python23\Lib\site-packages\win32comext\axscript\client\pyscript.py
    > and it told me
    > Registered: Python
    > Registration of Python ActiveX Scripting Engine complete.
    >
    > But, when I run a asp script
    >
    > <%@LANGUAGE=Python%>
    > <HTML>

    <% @LANGUAGE="Python" %>

    ??

    Tom, Apr 28, 2004

  3. jianchiwei

    Mark Hammond Guest

    jianchiwei wrote:
    > question:
    > I run
    > c:\python23\Lib\site-packages\win32comext\axscript\client\pyscript.py
    > and it told me
    > Registered: Python
    > Registration of Python ActiveX Scripting Engine complete.
    >
    > But, when I run a asp script
    >
    > <%@LANGUAGE=Python%>
    > <HTML>
    > <head></head>
    > <h1>Python - Test</h1>

    > I still get
    > HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error
    > caused by the first line of code "<%@LANGUAGE=Python%>".
    > It seems to me that python script engine is not correctly registered.
    > Could someone help me on this please?

    Do the sample .asp files work? If so, then you should be able to work
    out what is wrong by comparing them. If not, try registering the engine
    with "--debug" on the command-line, then use Pythonwin's "Tools->Remote
    Trace Collector" - hopefully you will see a traceback with the specific
    problem.

    Mark.
    Mark Hammond, Apr 29, 2004