    is there a way to do this?

    Thanks
    Louis

    ll, Jan 2, 2008

  2. "ll" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm currently looking for a way in ASP to search text in pdf files -
    > is there a way to do this?

    You could use Index Server and download the Adobe PDF IFilter.

    You can then use ADODB queries to search for text in PDF files. (Of course
    that won't work if the PDF actually contains rasterized bitmaps of the
    text).

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    Anthony Jones, Jan 2, 2008

  3. ll

    ll Guest

    On Jan 2, 4:31 pm, "Anthony Jones" <> wrote:
    > "ll" <> wrote in message

    > > I'm currently looking for a way in ASP to search text in pdf files -
    > > is there a way to do this?

    > You could use Index Server and download the Adobe PDF IFilter.
    >
    > You can then use ADODB queries to search for text in PDF files. (Of course
    > that won't work if the PDF actually contains rasterized bitmaps of the
    > text).
    >
    > --
    > Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    Thanks for your help! That did the job, although it seems that pdf
    documents with password security settings (the modify setting, not the
    open document setting) cannot be searched, although I did visit a site
    that had the capability to search the same passworded documents that I
    could not do locally. Is there code or perhaps an index setting that
    would allow searching of these documents?
    Thanks
    Louis

    ll, Jan 4, 2008

    > > > I'm currently looking for a way in ASP to search text in pdf files -
    > > > is there a way to do this?

    > > You could use Index Server and download the Adobe PDF IFilter.
    > >
    > > You can then use ADODB queries to search for text in PDF files. (Of

    course
    > > that won't work if the PDF actually contains rasterized bitmaps of the
    > > text).
    > >
    > > --
    > > Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    > Thanks for your help! That did the job, although it seems that pdf
    > documents with password security settings (the modify setting, not the
    > open document setting) cannot be searched, although I did visit a site
    > that had the capability to search the same passworded documents that I
    > could not do locally. Is there code or perhaps an index setting that
    > would allow searching of these documents?

    Not a clue.

    I would think it reasonable not to index a password protected PDF.

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    Anthony Jones, Jan 5, 2008