ASP script for search pdf files

ll

I'm currently looking for a way in ASP to search text in pdf files -
is there a way to do this?

Thanks
Louis

Anthony Jones

ll said:
I'm currently looking for a way in ASP to search text in pdf files -
is there a way to do this?

You could use Index Server and download the Adobe PDF IFilter.

You can then use ADODB queries to search for text in PDF files. (Of course
that won't work if the PDF actually contains rasterized bitmaps of the
text).

ll

You could use Index Server and download the Adobe PDF IFilter.

You can then use ADODB queries to search for text in PDF files. (Of course
that won't work if the PDF actually contains rasterized bitmaps of the
text).

Thanks for your help! That did the job, although it seems that pdf
documents with password security settings (the modify setting, not the
open document setting) cannot be searched, although I did visit a site
that had the capability to search the same passworded documents that I
could not do locally. Is there code or perhaps an index setting that
would allow searching of these documents?
Thanks
Louis

Anthony Jones

ll said:
Thanks for your help! That did the job, although it seems that pdf
documents with password security settings (the modify setting, not the
open document setting) cannot be searched, although I did visit a site
that had the capability to search the same passworded documents that I
could not do locally. Is there code or perhaps an index setting that
would allow searching of these documents?

Not a clue.

I would think it reasonable not to index a password protected PDF.