ASP-Script works on W2000, but not on W2003?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Volker Schmid, Nov 19, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I'm an ASP beginner and did an application here locally on my IIS under
    W2000 Prof (SP4) . Runs here completely great.

    Now I wanted to place this application under a W2003 server online. Now
    always get the message:

    Runtime error in Microsoft VBScript error '800a01a8'
    object required: 'Application(...)'
    /globalfunctions.asp, LINE 18

    Funny, that line 18 in my globalfunctions.asp is empty. However I use the
    Application()-object in this file and the coputer seem not to find it. I
    read that it could have to do something with global.asa. I then created a
    global.asa and created the subs for the events but put no code inside. It
    changes however absolutely nothing.

    What could I have still forgotten and why run it here locally? Possibly a
    rights problem???

    Volker

    Volker Schmid, Nov 19, 2005