ASP scripts not executing

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Phil, Jul 14, 2004.

  1. Phil

    Phil Guest

    Hi,

    I've got a computer with XP Pro and IIS 5.1 and can't get
    the vbscripts to run in my ASP pages.

    I set up a new virtual directory and turned all
    permissions on, on the virtual directory and the web site.

    Example code :

    <%
    dim x
    x = 5
    response.write "test"
    if x > 0 then
    response.write "x is greater than 0"
    else
    response.write "x is not greater than 0"
    end if
    %>

    The above code produces no output, though normal html in
    an asp page appears normally.

    Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it?
    Thanks,
    Phil
    Phil, Jul 14, 2004

  2. Are you sure you are loading the file using http:// and not c:\ ?

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Jul 15, 2004

  3. Phil

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:27:39 -0700, "Phil"
    <> wrote:

    >I've got a computer with XP Pro and IIS 5.1 and can't get
    >the vbscripts to run in my ASP pages.
    >
    >I set up a new virtual directory and turned all
    >permissions on, on the virtual directory and the web site.
    >
    >Example code :
    >
    ><%
    >dim x
    >x = 5
    >response.write "test"
    >if x > 0 then
    >response.write "x is greater than 0"
    >else
    >response.write "x is not greater than 0"
    >end if
    >%>
    >
    >The above code produces no output, though normal html in
    >an asp page appears normally.
    >
    >Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it?

    Norton's or other script blocking firewalls, URLScan, etc. I assume
    you're loading this as a URL, not file open.

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Jul 15, 2004