ASP scripts not executing

Phil

Hi,

I've got a computer with XP Pro and IIS 5.1 and can't get
the vbscripts to run in my ASP pages.

I set up a new virtual directory and turned all
permissions on, on the virtual directory and the web site.

Example code :

<%
dim x
x = 5
response.write "test"
if x > 0 then
response.write "x is greater than 0"
else
response.write "x is not greater than 0"
end if
%>

The above code produces no output, though normal html in
an asp page appears normally.

Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it?
Thanks,
Phil

Jeff Cochran

I've got a computer with XP Pro and IIS 5.1 and can't get
the vbscripts to run in my ASP pages.

I set up a new virtual directory and turned all
permissions on, on the virtual directory and the web site.

Example code :

<%
dim x
x = 5
response.write "test"
if x > 0 then
response.write "x is greater than 0"
else
response.write "x is not greater than 0"
end if
%>

The above code produces no output, though normal html in
an asp page appears normally.

Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it?

Norton's or other script blocking firewalls, URLScan, etc. I assume
you're loading this as a URL, not file open.

Jeff