ASP/Security/data transfer/XML doubt

BijuThomas

Complicated - ASP/Security/data transfer/XML doubt

In our company Head office we are hosting an intranet
server in IIS (Windows 2000) , ASP and Sqlserver back
end.
We are maintaining our branch accounts at various
locations and they are sending monthly reports only. Now
we are planning to have a centralised data store at our
Head Office so that, all details can be accessed from one
place using this intranet.

Our plan is to

1. Enter all the transactions for the day (no back dated
entries)at various locations itself.
2. Transfer data to head office in the next day.
3. Update the transactions at Head office.

As our company is not in a good financial conditions, we
cannot afford VSAT etc now. we have deviced the following
technique to overcome this situation.

First we will purchase a web storage space on some
internet server and host a web site. In the web site there
will be provision to upload daily transactions on to a
MySQL data base. Each location will connect to this site
using dialup connection, every day morning and upload the
previous days transactions.

In the head office we have (24 hr)DSL connection. We will
connect to the above internet site and transfer the
transaction to our intranet server every hour. After the
transfer we will delete the tranasaction from the MySql
database in the external internet server.

Can any one please suggest that,

1. Is this a workable solution ?
2. What are the security considerations we have to
incorporated ?
3. Is encryption is required? if yes how it can be
implemented?
4. Which kind of data transfer we have to use? Can we use
XMLDOM etc to transfer data from MySql to SqlServer?
5. Is it possible to schedule in asp to run a routine
(asp/vb/java script) automatically every hour ?
6. What will be the problems we have to face in
implementing this logic
7. Is there any other things to be looked into?