ASP Server Controls Specified Cast is Invalid

bteclt

Unable to add ASP Server Controls to our pages. All controls display a
"Specified Cast is Invalid" error. Same issue occurs whether we drag from
the Toolbar or explicity write it out in the HTML. The web site we are using
is actually coded using an XSLT technology wrapper we developed internally to
run most of the site...however, the pages in question are standard ASP.Net
pages and all they contain is a single asp:DataGrid and and a single
asp:Label. the pages are used as containers to hold an excel spreadsheet
generated output.

Any guidance on References to check or web.config lines to check would be
helpful...thanks!!!!