ASP Server.Mappath

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Y2K, Jun 26, 2006.

  1. Y2K

    Y2K Guest

    I have a thumbnail viewer which displays images on a webpage.
    Currently, the images reside in a subfolder of the root, and this works
    fine. I understand the main problem here is my limited knowlege of
    ASP.

    Here's the current setup:
    c:\testproj\imageviewer = Virtual directory named "IMGviewer"
    c:\testproj\imageview\upload\pics = folder that contains images

    The following code works:
    ImageConn = "pics/"
    'Set fattributes = fso.GetFolder(server.mappath(""&ImageConn&""))

    The problem is, the images are in another folder:
    c:\testfolder\myimages\pics_5

    I've tried the following, and get a "path not found" error.
    Set fattributes = fso.GetFolder("c:\testfolder\myimages\pics_5\")
    Set fattributes = fso.GetFolder("c:\testfolder\myimages\pics_5")
    Set fattributes =
    fso.GetFolder("//servername/c$/testfolder/myimages/pics_5")
    Set fattributes =
    fso.GetFolder("//servername/c$/testfolder/myimages/pics_5/")

    Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

    Y2K

    Y2K, Jun 26, 2006