ASP Session Swapping!!! HIPAA Compliancy Related!!!

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Jerry Kizziar, Dec 8, 2005.

  1. Greetings!

    I have a client that on 2 occasions has had their classic ASP Sessions
    swapped with another user. We have a support site that uses the Session
    object to store all of the relevant data, and one of the options on the site
    is to download txt files related to that client. When they log in they go to
    the area to download files, click on a file and it displays it in the (same)
    browser, they click back and it goes back to the listing of files. Both
    occasions, reportedly they clicked back, had a long delay and then it would
    give them a listing of the wrong clients files.

    Oddly enough both times they got the listing of the wrong clients files, it
    was the same clients files that appeared. We also display the name of the
    client and the user, Session("client") and Session("login") and they were
    different.

    Once they log in to the site, none of the session variables are changed.

    The server is running Windows 2003 Standard with IIS 6 (not IIS5 isolation
    mode)

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

    Jerry Kizziar, Dec 8, 2005