    value from ASP.NET? (Suppose I have an application in both ASP and
    ASP.NET.)

    Thanks.

    Ed, Feb 1, 2004

  2. No. Your best bet might be to use something like cookies.

    Unless there is no other way for your problem, I would suggest not mixing
    code environments. The reason being that ASP and ASP.NET are handled by
    entirely different execution engines. You run into a lot of problems as one
    group of pages does not know that the other exists. Because they use
    different engines, the do not share memory space. This can lead to logical
    inconsistencies. Suppose that a user accesses your home page, which might
    be ASP.NET. A session is started. Now, they navigate to another page that
    is ASP only. A second session is started, even though logically the user is
    in the same web application.

    I think this is how things work.

    Peter Rilling, Feb 1, 2004

  3. Ed

    Keith Guest

    From what I understand the two can exist together but not
    share data, but if I were in your situation I would
    simply use Response.Redirect with a querystring parameter
    to pass data. Don't forget to encode it.

    Keith, Feb 1, 2004
  4. Ed

    TJS Guest

    TJS, Feb 1, 2004
  5. Ed

    Keith Guest

    This would be painfully slow and overengineered and like
    the redirect would not support serialization of objects
    like ADO Recordsets (though you could convert them to XML
    strings). The article also fails to discuss locking
    scenarios in the database. I would be very judicious
    about what you need to share between the two and either
    use the redirect approach or a persistant data store like
    MSDE or SQL Server.

    url=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/converttoaspnet.asp

    Keith, Feb 1, 2004
  6. Ed

    Ray at Guest

    But wouldn't that allow people to hijack sessions? ;]

    --

    Ray at home
    Microsoft ASP MVP

    Ray at, Feb 1, 2004
  7. Ed

    TJS Guest

    if you have any concerns or questions about the solution, please take them
    up with the author of the article, .

    TJS, Feb 1, 2004
  8. Check out this article also to share sessions between asp and asp.net,

    Saravana
    Microsoft MVP - ASP.NET
    www.extremeexperts.com

    Saravana [MVP], Feb 2, 2004