Asp Session

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by TheOld, Apr 26, 2007.

  1. TheOld

    TheOld Guest

    Server: Windwos 2000
    IIS: 5

    Hi,
    In my web application the user can't access from more pc in the
    site...
    Every user have a password that are stores in the session
    Every time they enter in the site i check their password in the
    session
    i handled the session with Application:

    This is my global.asa
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript" RUNAT="Server">

    Sub Application_OnStart
    Application("ActiveUsers")=""
    End Sub

    Sub Session_OnStart
    Session.Timeout = 5
    Session("Start") = Now
    End Sub

    Sub Session_OnEnd
    Application.Lock
    valori=split(Application("ActiveUsers"),"#")
    Application("ActiveUsers")=""
    infoutente=Session("utente") & ":" & session.sessionid & ":" &
    session("iputente")
    for i=0 to (ubound(valori))
    if valori(i)<>infoutente and i<>0 then
    Application("ActiveUsers")=Application("ActiveUsers") &
    "#" & valori(i)
    end if
    next
    Application.UnLock
    End Sub

    </SCRIPT>

    When user left the application with the logout button,
    i make a redirect to this page:

    <code>
    Application.Lock

    valori=split(Application("ActiveUsers"),"#")
    infoutente=trim(Session("utente"))
    if infoutente<>"" then
    Application("ActiveUsers")=""
    for i=1 to (ubound(valori))
    if valori(i)<>infoutente then
    Application("ActiveUsers")=Application("ActiveUsers") & "#" &
    valori(i)
    end if
    next
    end if

    Application.UnLock

    Session.Abandon
    </code>

    if the user doesn't use the logout button my global.asa delete
    the user session

    this work until the user that are in my site are 140/150,
    but from the user are >180 this system doesn't work!

    the session doesn't close after 5 minutes!
    why?

    thenk you and sorry for may english!

    TheOld, Apr 26, 2007