ASP setup question

-D-

I just installed Win2K Server for purposes of using the box as my testing
server. IIS was installed and I've had some problems running ASP scripts
and connecting to an Access DB after creating virtual directories and
viewing the sites in the browser. I can at least view the pages, but when I
try to submit a form or run any ASP script connecting to an Access DB I get
the 80004005 error. This is the first time I've worked with Win2K Server.
So, is there some additional configurations or something that needs to be
installed to run ASP scripts and connect to a DB? Thanks.
-D-

PW

Thats usually a lack of permissions error. Make sure your database isn't
read-only.

Can you provide the error message as well ?

-D-

The error I was getting is a "disk or network error" Microsoft JET 80004005
error. I've tested the site on another server and everything works fine.
If it is permissions, I don't know what or where the permissions are
incorrect? Any ideas?
-D-

PW

-D- said:
The error I was getting is a "disk or network error" Microsoft JET 80004005
error. I've tested the site on another server and everything works fine.
If it is permissions, I don't know what or where the permissions are
incorrect? Any ideas?
-D-

Need more information.

I assume you're using a Microsoft Access database ?

Can you send us the connection string you are using ?

-D-

Yes, I am using an Access database. I think the problem could be the
connection string. I am creating the virtual directory over a network
share.

So, if the connection string path from the development machine is say:

e:\site_name\database.mdb

Would I keep the same path or do I need to modify the connection string to
identify the path over the network share? How would I do that?

To make sure everything was working, I placed the site locally on the
testing server, modified the path in the connection string and tested. It
worked fine.

I want to be able to keep the file locally on my development PC and create
the virtual directory over the network share. I'm not sure how I would make
the connection string for that?

Does that make sense?

-D-

-D-

Yes!! That was it. The problem was the connection string. I can't thank
you enough. I was losing my mind over this and it didn't dawn on me until
you mentioned connection string that the path might be wrong for a network
share. Again, thank you very much! I sincerely appreciate your help.
-D-