    So, is there some additional configurations or something that needs to be
    installed to run ASP scripts and connect to a DB? Thanks.
    -D-
    -D-, Apr 14, 2004

  2. -D-

    PW Guest

    Thats usually a lack of permissions error. Make sure your database isn't
    read-only.

    Can you provide the error message as well ?
    PW, Apr 14, 2004

  3. -D-

    -D- Guest

    The error I was getting is a "disk or network error" Microsoft JET 80004005
    error. I've tested the site on another server and everything works fine.
    If it is permissions, I don't know what or where the permissions are
    incorrect? Any ideas?
    -D-

    -D-, Apr 14, 2004
  4. -D-

    PW Guest

    "-D-" <> wrote in message
    > The error I was getting is a "disk or network error" Microsoft JET

    80004005
    > error. I've tested the site on another server and everything works fine.
    > If it is permissions, I don't know what or where the permissions are
    > incorrect? Any ideas?
    > -D-

    Need more information.

    I assume you're using a Microsoft Access database ?

    Can you send us the connection string you are using ?
    PW, Apr 14, 2004
  5. -D-

    -D- Guest

    Yes, I am using an Access database. I think the problem could be the
    connection string. I am creating the virtual directory over a network
    share.

    So, if the connection string path from the development machine is say:

    e:\site_name\database.mdb

    Would I keep the same path or do I need to modify the connection string to
    identify the path over the network share? How would I do that?

    To make sure everything was working, I placed the site locally on the
    testing server, modified the path in the connection string and tested. It
    worked fine.

    I want to be able to keep the file locally on my development PC and create
    the virtual directory over the network share. I'm not sure how I would make
    the connection string for that?

    Does that make sense?

    -D-

    -D-, Apr 14, 2004
  6. -D-

    -D- Guest

    Yes!! That was it. The problem was the connection string. I can't thank
    you enough. I was losing my mind over this and it didn't dawn on me until
    you mentioned connection string that the path might be wrong for a network
    share. Again, thank you very much! I sincerely appreciate your help.
    -D-

    -D-, Apr 14, 2004