    the URL. I have also removed the Virtual Directory the site lives in. None
    of these changes made any difference. Oh yes, I have also tried rebooting!

    What else is there to look at??

    Laurence Neville, Oct 3, 2005

  2. RE: ASP site not available on IIS 6.0 (Cannot find server or DNS error

    What connections does the ASP page attempt to make?
    --
    Regards,
    Bryan Fairchild

    Bryan E Fairchild, Oct 3, 2005

  3. Re: ASP site not available on IIS 6.0 (Cannot find server or DNS error

    Most pages connect to a SQL Server database. However, I don't think this has
    anything to do with the problem. Even a simple Hello World test ASP page
    like this one produces the "Cannot find server or DNS Error":

    <head>
    <title>Test Page</title>
    </head>
    <%
    Dim strMessage

    strMessage = "Hello World"

    Response.Write (strMessage)

    %>

    Laurence Neville, Oct 4, 2005
  4. Re: ASP site not available on IIS 6.0 (Cannot find server or DNS error

    I solved the problem. I reinstalled the Windows 2003 Server service pack 1
    and now ASP pages work. I have no idea why this fixed it. The server was
    renamed at some point - maybe it has to do with it.....

    Laurence Neville, Oct 4, 2005
  5. Re: ASP site not available on IIS 6.0 (Cannot find server or DNS error

    Does this help?
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2476

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET