ASP Stalls, no errors

!TG

I recently launched a new website that is ASP based (not .net).
This site merely gathers information submitted in forms and stores it in
databases.
It manages username and passwords so people logon to the site and the
info is pulled form the access DB.
Avery so often ASP will just stop working. When I try to access a page
that is not static HTML the page never comes. The browser just keeps
trying to load and eventually gives up. No 500 error, no event log
errors, zilch.
I have to restart the server before the applications will begin working
again.
Does anyone have any idea how I might track down what is causing this error?
Just before sending this I applied a Security Rollup to SP4 but have not
have time to test if this solved the problem. I have no hope that it might.