    Does anyone have any idea how I might track down what is causing this error?
    Just before sending this I applied a Security Rollup to SP4 but have not
    have time to test if this solved the problem. I have no hope that it might.
    !TG, Jul 20, 2005

  2. Try some of the suggestions here. http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2147

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Jul 20, 2005

  3. !TG

    !TG Guest

    Ray Costanzo [MVP] wrote:
    > Try some of the suggestions here. http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2147
    >
    > Ray at work
    >
    > "!TG" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I recently launched a new website that is ASP based (not .net).
    >>This site merely gathers information submitted in forms and stores it in
    >>databases.
    >>It manages user name and passwords so people logon to the site and the
    >>info is pulled form the access DB.
    >>Every so often ASP will just stop working. When I try to access a page
    >>that is not static HTML the page never comes. The browser just keeps
    >>trying to load and eventually gives up. No 500 error, no event log
    >>errors, zilch. ASPs in other websites will run
    >>I have to restart the server before the applications will begin working
    >>again.
    >>Does anyone have any idea how I might track down what is causing this

    > error?
    >
    >>Just before sending this I applied a Security Rollup to SP4 but have not
    >>have time to test if this solved the problem. I have no hope that it

    > might.

    Thanks. That only applies to W2K3 though
    !TG, Jul 21, 2005
  4. !TG wrote:
    > Ray Costanzo [MVP] wrote:
    >> Try some of the suggestions here.
    >> http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2147
    >>

    > Thanks. That only applies to W2K3 though

    You're the second one I've seen make that puzzling response. There are
    multiple solutions proposed in that article, some of which apply to 2K3,
    others that apply to all versions. So, OK, the 2K3 solution does not apply
    to you ... what about the other possibilities shown in the article?
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jul 21, 2005
  5. !TG

    !TG Guest

    Bob Barrows [MVP] wrote:
    > !TG wrote:
    >
    >>Ray Costanzo [MVP] wrote:
    >>
    >>>Try some of the suggestions here.
    >>>http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2147
    >>>

    >>Thanks. That only applies to W2K3 though

    > You're the second one I've seen make that puzzling response. There are
    > multiple solutions proposed in that article, some of which apply to 2K3,
    > others that apply to all versions. So, OK, the 2K3 solution does not apply
    > to you ... what about the other possibilities shown in the article?

    I looked at all possibilities shown. Only time will tell about syncing
    the IWAM I guess. I should know in about 7 hours. Not using .lock and
    unlock, no infinite loops.
    Doubt the IWAM was the problem, but we'll see I guess. Only the script
    on the live site and development site are effected. Other scripts on
    other sites work fine; but they are very minor and read files mostly so
    are far less complex.
    !TG, Jul 22, 2005
  6. !TG

    !TG Guest

    Bob Barrows [MVP] wrote:
    > !TG wrote:
    >
    >>Ray Costanzo [MVP] wrote:
    >>
    >>>Try some of the suggestions here.
    >>>http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2147
    >>>

    >>Thanks. That only applies to W2K3 though

    > You're the second one I've seen make that puzzling response. There are
    > multiple solutions proposed in that article, some of which apply to 2K3,
    > others that apply to all versions. So, OK, the 2K3 solution does not apply
    > to you ... what about the other possibilities shown in the article?

    Guess I don't have to wait 7 hours, site just went down again.
    So none of those solutions was of any assistance
    !TG, Jul 22, 2005
  7. !TG wrote:
    > Bob Barrows [MVP] wrote:
    >> !TG wrote:

    >>> Thanks. That only applies to W2K3 though

    >> You're the second one I've seen make that puzzling response. There
    >> are multiple solutions proposed in that article, some of which apply
    >> to 2K3, others that apply to all versions. So, OK, the 2K3 solution
    >> does not apply to you ... what about the other possibilities shown
    >> in the article?

    > Guess I don't have to wait 7 hours, site just went down again.
    > So none of those solutions was of any assistance

    You might want to try the iisfaq.com site. You may get some more relevant
    information there.

    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET