ASP Stalls without Error W2K Server

!TG

I recently launched a new website that is ASP based (not .net).
This site merely gathers information submitted in forms and stores it in
databases.
It manages user name and passwords so people logon to the site and the
info is pulled form the access DB.
Every so often ASP will just stop working. When I try to access a page
that is not static HTML the page never comes. The browser just keeps
trying to load and eventually gives up. No 500 error, no event log
errors, zilch. ASPs in other websites will run
I have to restart the server before the applications will begin working
again.
Does anyone have any idea how I might track down what is causing this error?
Just before sending this I applied a Security Rollup to SP4 but have not
have time to test if this solved the problem. I have no hope that it might.

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Try some of the suggestions here. http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2147

Ray at work

!TG said:
[...]

Bob Barrows [MVP]

!TG said:
Thanks. That only applies to W2K3 though

You're the second one I've seen make that puzzling response. There are
multiple solutions proposed in that article, some of which apply to 2K3,
others that apply to all versions. So, OK, the 2K3 solution does not apply
to you ... what about the other possibilities shown in the article?

!TG

Bob said:
You're the second one I've seen make that puzzling response. There are
multiple solutions proposed in that article, some of which apply to 2K3,
others that apply to all versions. So, OK, the 2K3 solution does not apply
to you ... what about the other possibilities shown in the article?

I looked at all possibilities shown. Only time will tell about syncing
the IWAM I guess. I should know in about 7 hours. Not using .lock and
unlock, no infinite loops.
Doubt the IWAM was the problem, but we'll see I guess. Only the script
on the live site and development site are effected. Other scripts on
other sites work fine; but they are very minor and read files mostly so
are far less complex.

!TG

Bob said:
You're the second one I've seen make that puzzling response. There are
multiple solutions proposed in that article, some of which apply to 2K3,
others that apply to all versions. So, OK, the 2K3 solution does not apply
to you ... what about the other possibilities shown in the article?
Guess I don't have to wait 7 hours, site just went down again.
So none of those solutions was of any assistance

Bob Barrows [MVP]

!TG said:
Guess I don't have to wait 7 hours, site just went down again.
So none of those solutions was of any assistance

You might want to try the iisfaq.com site. You may get some more relevant
information there.

Bob Barrows