ASP startup page invokes a file download dialog

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Don Peters, Oct 26, 2003.

  1. Don Peters

    Don Peters Guest

    I'm relatively new to ASP.NET. I'm running it under Win XP Pro, using Visual
    Studio 2002.NET (haven't migrated to VS2003 yet).

    The ASP.NET application I'm having a problem with was initially set up on a
    laptop running Win2000, where it ran successfully.

    I've copied all the files over to my desktop, intending to support it there.
    But it seems to have a problem upon startup: instead of initially displaying
    the starting ASP.NET page as it should, it instead brings up the file
    download dialog box, trying to download the starting ASP.NET page from my
    local PC! If I click on OK, it appears to load the page, then stops without
    displaying the page.

    I've only tried one other very small ASP.NET application on this desktop PC,
    and it seemed to run fine. But this problem application is much bigger.

    It appears as if some system parameter is not set correctly, but I have no
    idea what it is.

    Can anyone offer a suggestion?

    Don

    Don Peters, Oct 26, 2003

  2. Don Peters

    Bob Barrows Guest

    Don Peters wrote:
    > I'm relatively new to ASP.NET.

    This is a classic asp newsgroup. While you may be lucky enough to find a
    dotnet-savvy person here who can answer your question, you can eliminate the
    luck factor by posting your question to an appropriate group. I suggest

    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"