ASP State: An existing connection was forcibly closed by...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?U2FuamF5IFQ=?=, May 24, 2006.

  1. Hi,

    We are using ASP.Net 2005 and SQL Server 2005. We are storing sessions in
    the database. From time to time we get the following exception in the
    application while the ASP.Net session tries accessing the database. This also
    happens from time to time when our application is accessing the database. To
    make the posting brief, I am just putting part of the exception.

    Any ideas why this might be happening? Our web application is behind F5 load
    balancers that does round-robin load balancing.

    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Sanjay

    Exception information:
    Exception type: SqlException
    Exception message: A transport-level error has occurred when sending the
    request to the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An existing
    connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.)

    Thread information:
    Thread ID: 13
    Thread account name: NJMGROUP\PAAWebSQLD_svc
    Is impersonating: False
    Stack trace: at
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean
    breakConnection)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException
    exception, Boolean breakConnection)
    at
    System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject
    stateObj)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ThrowExceptionAndWarning()
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.WriteSni()
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.WritePacket(Byte flushMode)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ExecuteFlush()
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TdsExecuteRPC(_SqlRPC[] rpcArray,
    Int32 timeout, Boolean inSchema, SqlNotificationRequest notificationRequest,
    TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior
    cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior
    cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method,
    DbAsyncResult result)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior
    cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior
    behavior, String method)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader()
    at System.Web.SessionState.SqlSessionStateStore.DoGet(HttpContext
    context, String id, Boolean getExclusive, Boolean& locked, TimeSpan& lockAge,
    Object& lockId, SessionStateActions& actionFlags)

    =?Utf-8?B?U2FuamF5IFQ=?=, May 24, 2006