ASP State: An existing connection was forcibly closed by...

Guest

Hi,

We are using ASP.Net 2005 and SQL Server 2005. We are storing sessions in
the database. From time to time we get the following exception in the
application while the ASP.Net session tries accessing the database. This also
happens from time to time when our application is accessing the database. To
make the posting brief, I am just putting part of the exception.

Any ideas why this might be happening? Our web application is behind F5 load
balancers that does round-robin load balancing.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Sanjay

Exception information:
Exception type: SqlException
Exception message: A transport-level error has occurred when sending the
request to the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An existing
connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.)

Thread information:
Thread ID: 13
Thread account name: NJMGROUP\PAAWebSQLD_svc
Is impersonating: False
Stack trace: at
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean
breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException
exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject
stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ThrowExceptionAndWarning()
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.WriteSni()
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.WritePacket(Byte flushMode)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ExecuteFlush()
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TdsExecuteRPC(_SqlRPC[] rpcArray,
Int32 timeout, Boolean inSchema, SqlNotificationRequest notificationRequest,
TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior
cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior
cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method,
DbAsyncResult result)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior
cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior
behavior, String method)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader()
at System.Web.SessionState.SqlSessionStateStore.DoGet(HttpContext
context, String id, Boolean getExclusive, Boolean& locked, TimeSpan& lockAge,
Object& lockId, SessionStateActions& actionFlags)