asp stopped adding to database

raj chahal

hi there

I have been operating a win 2000 server with IIS5. I had to re-build the
server recently. I installed SP4 and the lockdown utility. My asp code works
on the website, I can access all data driven sites via the web. But I cannot
add to the database from the website. It was fine before the re-build. The
code has not been changed neither the connection. I have not installed
microsoft acess on the server could this be the problem ?. The database is
microsoft access file. I have ensured I have given the same information in
the System DSN. The driver is version 4.00.6200.00
I have checked the database properties and it is not set to read only. what
could be wrong ?

thanks
raj

Bob Barrows

raj said:
hi there

I have been operating a win 2000 server with IIS5. I had to re-build
the server recently. I installed SP4 and the lockdown utility. My asp
code works on the website, I can access all data driven sites via the
web. But I cannot add to the database from the website. It was fine
before the re-build. The code has not been changed neither the
connection. I have not installed microsoft acess on the server could
this be the problem ?. The database is microsoft access file. I have
ensured I have given the same information in the System DSN. The
driver is version 4.00.6200.00
I have checked the database properties and it is not set to read
only. what could be wrong ?

thanks
raj

One of these should contain your answer:

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2062 - updatable cursor
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2009 - 80004005 errors

HTH,
Bob Barrows