ASP stopped working

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Matthew Ferri, Apr 29, 2004.

  1. I am running Windows 2000 SP4 with Office 2000 SP3.

    I have the problem that my localhost connection is not working for my ASP
    pages of my FrontPage-generated local web site.

    Yesterday everything was working properly. But now, the web server will not
    serve HTTP://localhost/*.asp pages at all.
    IE just hangs when I request the page.

    My test web will serve FILE:\directory\*.asp pages, but without running the
    ASP portion. The HTM is displayed but the ASP code is not displayed. This is
    the exact same ASP page that will not be served at all when accessing it via
    the HTTP://localhost function.

    The are no COM features used within this page. The simple code for this ASP
    page is listed at the end of this message.

    Htm pages still work properly when requesting via either the FILE:\directory
    and the HTTP://localhost/*.htm method.

    I can "ping localhost" and it properly replys 127.0.0.1. I have network
    access to the other machines in my local workgroup. Regular Internet access
    works from this machine.

    Article Q279729 "Web Pages Not Serving from IIS" did not have enough detail
    for my version of this probem.

    Article Q257267 "Unable to Serve ASP or HTML Pages" did not help.

    Everything did work, so something changed. Unfortunately I do not know what
    changed or a Q article number describing how to fix it. I do know that I
    did not intentially change anything.

    Thanks in Advance,
    Matthew
    Matthew Ferri, Apr 29, 2004

  2. http://www.aspfaq.com/2147
    http://www.aspfaq.com/2226
    http://www.aspfaq.com/2476

    If your ASP pages use Scripting.FileSystemObject, see

    http://www.aspfaq.com/2180

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP

    Aaron Bertrand [MVP], Apr 29, 2004

  3. Matthew Ferri

    Roland Hall Guest

    :
[...]

    Matthew...

    Now that we know what it's not doing, tell us what it is doing. Something
    is being displayed or an error is being generated or a timeout occurs or
    you're not waiting for it to time out. Please fill in the blanks.

    If you have installed anything or updated anything or enabled anything, then
    that might be relevant.
    Windows updates, RTAV, personal firewall, IIS lockdown, etc.

    This is probably more of an IIS server issue rather than an ASP one even
    though asp files are not processing...

    --
    Roland Hall
    or fitness for a particular purpose. */
    Roland Hall, Apr 29, 2004
  4. Thank you Aaron and Roland..

    Number 2180 listed below solved the problem.
    Even though I was not using FileSystemObject in the ASP pages that were
    hanging, when I reset the "Script Blocking" check box, that fixed my
    problem.
    This is a personal workstation test box that I'm using to create this web
    site before moving it to a production server.

    Thanks,
    Matthew

    Matthew Ferri, Apr 29, 2004