    After exactly 1 hour, the user.asp page says page cannot
    be found. Is it due to some timeout or something? What
    could be the reason?
    Divya, May 6, 2004

  2. Divya

    Dominique Guest

    test it on a few records so you get an immediate response, then u'll know if
    you got a redirect problem..
    as far as error trapping goes, either do it in ur dll, or inspect you Server
    Logs :eek:)

    Dominique, May 6, 2004

  3. Divya

    Bullschmidt Guest

    Changing the session timeout to be longer (assuming your Web host allows
    increases of as much as you want) means that session variables will
    persist longer, and unless one has a high traffic site that may not be a
    problem. You could always lower it in the future. Perhaps have your
    home page or login page set the session timeout. To set it to 240
    minutes (i.e. 4 hours):

    Session.Timeout = 240

    But be aware that many Web host have their own maximum timeouts so you
    may have to start a trouble ticket to request more if the above doesn't
    do it.

    Best regards,
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance ASP Web Consultant
    http://www.Bullschmidt.com

    Bullschmidt, May 11, 2004