<asp:table> and <colgroup> ?

Rob Meade

Hi all,

I recently read a book regarding improving the performance of web pages
tags with information such as cell widths and so on. Having understood how
this works and what it can do I was keen to apply it this morning to a .net
application - my problem is that I have an <asp:table> and it wont allow me
to add <colgroup> tags etc between the opening and closing tags.

Do I need to write this to the table programmatically? If so - how would one
do that?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards

Rob

Eliyahu Goldin

Rob,

In an aspx page you can write any html and use any tags. If you wish to turn
a tag into a server control, all you need to do is just to specify
runat=server. You don't have to use <asp:table> format. It should be all
right to have <colgroups> tags inside <table runat=server>.

Eliyahu