ASP Templates like Perl's HTML::Template?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by C. Olive, Sep 25, 2003.

  1. C. Olive

    C. Olive Guest

    Environment: Classic ASP running on IIS v5.1
    Scripting Language: VBScript

    I suppose someone would have to be somewhat familiar with Perl in
    order to answer this question specifically. If you are not intimately
    familiar with Perl, then perhaps you can still help by reading through
    the lines here...

    I'm looking for a templating system in a Classic ASP environment that
    works like HTML::Template in Perl. I've actually used HTML::Template
    with great success in Classic ASP by using the PerlScript engine.
    PerScript literally brings almost .NET capabilities to Classic ASP.
    Unfortunately I am on an assignment right now that precludes the use
    of PerlScript -- I have to use VBScript -- and I am sorely missing the
    templating power of Perl's HTML::Template which allows me to
    completely decouple ASP scripting and COM+ component coding from HTML
    output.

    If you don't know what I mean by referring to Perl's HTML::Template
    templating system, then perhaps someone can point me to a free ASP
    HTML templating system with some power. I've seen some rather
    simplistic templating VBScript classes that are an improvement over
    mixing ASP code and HTML in ASP pages but I've seen nothing that has
    the power I am looking for yet. Hopefully someone with some Perl
    experience in this forum can help point the way. Otherwise, some tips
    on where I can find a good, free, solid, powerful HTML templating
    system would be more than welcome.

    Surely I'm not going to have to roll my own...! :cool:

    Thanks,
    Chris
    -----
    Chris Olive