asp text boxes in a table -- some are emphasized & some not, but props are identical

Jeremy

Here's a piece of a table. The first textbox shows flat with a thin border
and white background. The 2nd one shows as a 3-D box (bevelled border) and
the background is mustard-ish. Is asp making decisions in a smoke filled
backroom and not telling me?

-Jeremy

Contact:</td>
<asp:TextBox ID="txtContactName"
runat="server"></asp:TextBox></td>
eMail:</td>
<asp:TextBox ID="txtContactEmail"
runat="server"></asp:TextBox></td>

bruce barker

this is a browser (or toolbar) feature. its displaying fields it can
autofill. turn the feature off if you do not want it.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Jeremy

Bruce, yes, I see that now. The project is supposed to be an internal app,
used by various folks. Having google fill in database fields is definitely
not appropriate. I'm new to this, so how do I turn this off in the app, as
opposed to manually setting browser settings on individual PCs? I'm not
finding a programmatic way to do this.

By the way, this can be a serious issue in some cases. I found a question
by a college test administrator, where the autofill was giving answers to
test questions. The response was "go to each PC and turn it off". Not a
good answer!

Jeremy