asp text boxes in a table -- some are emphasized & some not, but props are identical

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jeremy, Nov 27, 2007.

  1. Jeremy

    Jeremy Guest

    Here's a piece of a table. The first textbox shows flat with a thin border
    and white background. The 2nd one shows as a 3-D box (bevelled border) and
    the background is mustard-ish. Is asp making decisions in a smoke filled
    backroom and not telling me?

    -Jeremy

    Contact:</td>
    <asp:TextBox ID="txtContactName"
    runat="server"></asp:TextBox></td>
    eMail:</td>
    <asp:TextBox ID="txtContactEmail"
    runat="server"></asp:TextBox></td>

    Jeremy, Nov 27, 2007

  2. Jeremy

    bruce barker Guest

    Re: asp text boxes in a table -- some are emphasized & some not,but props are identical

    this is a browser (or toolbar) feature. its displaying fields it can
    autofill. turn the feature off if you do not want it.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Nov 27, 2007

  3. Jeremy

    Jeremy Guest

    Bruce, yes, I see that now. The project is supposed to be an internal app,
    used by various folks. Having google fill in database fields is definitely
    not appropriate. I'm new to this, so how do I turn this off in the app, as
    opposed to manually setting browser settings on individual PCs? I'm not
    finding a programmatic way to do this.

    By the way, this can be a serious issue in some cases. I found a question
    by a college test administrator, where the autofill was giving answers to
    test questions. The response was "go to each PC and turn it off". Not a
    good answer!

    Jeremy

    Jeremy, Nov 27, 2007