    and I want the code to be built in to my code, not operate as a separate
    program. Any ideas? The browser knows how to resize pictures easily enough,
    and that is free! Is there no way to capture this with ASP? Thanks!

    Simon Wigzell, Oct 23, 2003

  2. CxImage.dll
    you can find it on
    http://www.codeproject.com/asp/thumbtools2.asp

    It is very usefull, and I am currently setting up a web photoalbum,
    generating thumbs and lowres images 'on the fly' with it.
    You can see it at
    http://pvo.no-ip.org:4040/milan/foto/ThumbsPlus/v006/ViewAlbumsList.asp

    All the original pics are stored in folders.
    These folders are indexed with THumbsPlus: thumbgeneration and added
    information is stored in central dbase.

    This dbase is providing information for my webpages.

    However, when starting a 'slideshow', an 'low resolution' picture is
    generated from the original one on the fly with image size 80% of screen
    size.
    This is done by use of CxImage

    succes with it, and thanx to Philipos Sakellaropoulos' for sharing this tool
    with us!

    regards,
    bartp

    Hyper A.R.T.
    bart plessers
    Paul Van Ostaijenlaan 4
    3001 Heverlee
    BELGIUM
    tel: +32 (16) 23.40.85
    fax: +32 (16) 23.41.06

    "Simon Wigzell" <> wrote in message
    > I need a simple function to generate and save a thumbnail from a picture.

    It

    bart plessers, Oct 23, 2003

  3. Simon Wigzell

    Randy Rahbar Guest

    > There are many pay programs available but they do far more than I require
    > and I want the code to be built in to my code, not operate as a separate
    > program. Any ideas? The browser knows how to resize pictures easily

    enough,
    > and that is free! Is there no way to capture this with ASP? Thanks!

    Look into ASP.NET... it makes thumbnail generation easy.

    Randy Rahbar, Oct 23, 2003
  4. Thanks, that looks purrfect for my requirements, your site is very well made
    too!

    Simon Wigzell, Oct 26, 2003
  5. Perhaps - but considering that my whole site is .ASP on a linux server that
    doesn't support ASP.NET, that isn't very helpfull!

    Simon Wigzell, Oct 26, 2003
  6. thanx for the compliment.
    I am just developping a 'general' site:
    -guestbook
    -photoalbum
    -daily log
    -newsletter
    -..

    all fully customizable and with ASP and dbase.

    It is just an experiment, but nice that you liked it.

    bart plessers, Oct 26, 2003