asp tidy

Anthony

I love the HTML Cleaner-upper Tidy... http://tidy.sourceforge.net and I use
it ALL the time after running my .asp's... however (As you can imagine)..
this is a longer process then I want... :

For example :

Run .asp save source, run tidy, examine html source determine where the
error is (IN what line) go to my .asp and find where the html is generated
from... fix it.. run again

As you can tell a long process ...

Does anyone have a way for .asp / html syntax using a tool such as tidy
without having to do all the above steps? (Possibly look at potential HTML
output PRIOR to generating?) Or, does anyone have a .asp parser to check
for syntax errors? (Understand this could show completely different
problems)..

Thank you...

Anthony

forget it.. I should use google more :

C:\temp>type getweb.vbs
url="http://mywebpage.blah.com/test/mytest.asp"
Set objHTTP = CreateObject("MSXML2.XMLHTTP")
Call objHTTP.Open("GET", url, FALSE, "username", "mypass")
objHTTP.Send
wscript.echo objHTTP.ResponseText

C:\temp>getweb | tidy -e -quiet
line 1 column 1 - Warning: missing <!DOCTYPE> declaration
line 240 column 78 - Warning: unescaped & or unknown entity "&protocol"
line 244 column 77 - Warning: unescaped & or unknown entity "&protocol"
line 248 column 77 - Warning: unescaped & or unknown entity "&protocol"
line 252 column 79 - Warning: unescaped & or unknown entity "&protocol"
line 256 column 79 - Warning: unescaped & or unknown entity "&protocol"
line 21 column 1 - Warning: <table> lacks "summary" attribute
line 29 column 1 - Warning: <table> lacks "summary" attribute
line 51 column 1 - Warning: <table> lacks "summary" attribute
line 97 column 1 - Warning: <table> lacks "summary" attribute
line 143 column 1 - Warning: <table> lacks "summary" attribute
line 189 column 1 - Warning: <table> lacks "summary" attribute
line 235 column 1 - Warning: <table> lacks "summary" attribute
line 261 column 1 - Warning: <table> lacks "summary" attribute

Patrice

IMO looking before generating is almost useless. In most cases, there is a
whole logic in the generation that wouldn't be efficient.

What I would like really to be able when something is enabled to have a
class that take over the Response object. This class would save the
genereted HTML to its own buffer and would output then both the HTML and the
tidy diags at the end.

I don't know tidy at all. Can it be called directly from an ASP page ? I
would like to give it a try with ASP and/or ASP.NET...

TIA

Patrice