ASP to APS Net Article Peter Bromberg Netscape?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Davisro, May 3, 2004.

  1. Davisro

    Davisro Guest

    I am new at this and am ablet to get the sameples to work properly with
    Internet explorer, but cannot get it to work properly with Netscape or
    Opera.

    It sits at the screen with all the form items on it, but no submit is ever
    done to continue on to the next screen. (This does not happen in Internet
    Explorer)

    Here is my asp page....

    <%
    Response.Write("<form name='t' id='t' action='../bundle/ASP_TO_ASPX.aspx
    method=post' >")
    for each Item in Session.Contents
    dim sTest
    sTest =
    "UserID,Validated,UserKey,SiteID,HaveProfile,profileID,homeViewID,homeSiteID
    ,homeGroupID,targetHomepage,rConf," & _
    "FName,LName,root,useFlash,Debugging,DebugResults"
    if instr(1,sTest,item) > 0 then
    Response.Write("<input type='hidden' name='" & Item & "'")
    Response.Write( " value='" & Session(item) & " '>")
    end if
    next
    if len(Request.QueryString("Destpage")) >4 then
    Response.Write("<input type='hidden' name=destpage value='" &
    Request.querystring("destpage") & "'>")
    end if
    Response.Write("</FORM>")
    Response.Write("<scr" + "ipt>document.forms['t'].submit();</scr" + "ipt>")
    %>

    Thanks,

    Rog
    Davisro, May 3, 2004

  2. Here is the steps i would add to your code.

    1. Add <HTML> and <BODY> tags.
    2. You forgot the quote at the end of ASP_TO_ASPX.aspx

    Netscape and Opera are less robust and would not work with improper HTML.

    George.

    George Ter-Saakov, May 3, 2004