ASP to ASP.NET Error 80070005 (JScript.NET)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by NvrBst, Nov 16, 2007.

  1. NvrBst

    NvrBst Guest

    Hello. I have a ASP webpage that I'm converting to ASP.NET. The ASP
    is writen with <%@ Language=JScript %>.

    I'm having a problem with the 'var oTestObject =
    Server.CreateObject("Test.class");' The page just shows up as pure
    white with the following message.

    -------------
    Error: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID
    {xxx1} failed due to the following error: 80070005.5022Retrieving the
    COM class factory for component with CLSID {xxx1} failed due to the
    following error: 80070005.
    -------------

    It looks like the ASPNET user doesn't have access, however, I searched
    the registry for "xxx1" and found the entry.

    LocalServer32: C:\Program Files\X\TestU.exe
    ProgID: Test.class.1
    TypeLib: xxx2

    I then run DCOMCNFG, and find the "TestU" (with Application ID xxx2)
    under "DCOM Config". I right click > Properties > Security" and add
    "ASPNET" on "Location: MyComName".

    It adds the "ASP.NET Machine Account (MyComName:ASPNET)" and I grant
    it Allow for all 4 options.

    I repate that for "Launch and Activation Permissions" "Access
    Permissions" and "Configuration Permissions" then save. I still get
    the exact same error when reloading the .aspx file. I also tried
    restarting.

    This may be a newbie question but is there a special step to get my
    COM object working for ASPNET (using JScript.NET). It works 100% in
    normal ASP.

    Thanks
    NB

    NvrBst, Nov 16, 2007

  2. NvrBst

    NvrBst Guest

    On Nov 16, 11:52 am, NvrBst <> wrote:
    > Hello. I have a ASP webpage that I'm converting to ASP.NET. The ASP
    > is writen with <%@ Language=JScript %>.
    >
    > I'm having a problem with the 'var oTestObject =
    > Server.CreateObject("Test.class");' The page just shows up as pure
    > white with the following message.
    >
    > -------------
    > Error: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID
    > {xxx1} failed due to the following error: 80070005.5022Retrieving the
    > COM class factory for component with CLSID {xxx1} failed due to the
    > following error: 80070005.
    > -------------
    >
    > It looks like the ASPNET user doesn't have access, however, I searched
    > the registry for "xxx1" and found the entry.
    >
    > LocalServer32: C:\Program Files\X\TestU.exe
    > ProgID: Test.class.1
    > TypeLib: xxx2
    >
    > I then run DCOMCNFG, and find the "TestU" (with Application ID xxx2)
    > under "DCOM Config". I right click > Properties > Security" and add
    > "ASPNET" on "Location: MyComName".
    >
    > It adds the "ASP.NET Machine Account (MyComName:ASPNET)" and I grant
    > it Allow for all 4 options.
    >
    > I repate that for "Launch and Activation Permissions" "Access
    > Permissions" and "Configuration Permissions" then save. I still get
    > the exact same error when reloading the .aspx file. I also tried
    > restarting.
    >
    > This may be a newbie question but is there a special step to get my
    > COM object working for ASPNET (using JScript.NET). It works 100% in
    > normal ASP.
    >
    > Thanks
    > NB

    Ahh. To get it working I had to remove the "Internet Guest Account"
    and then Add the ASPNET Account, and restart the computer. On another
    computer (where manually moving/adding -> restarting didn't work) I
    had to unregister the COM object completly and re-add it. Then added
    the ASPNET permissions and it worked.

    NB

    NvrBst, Nov 20, 2007