asp to asp.net operation not allowed when object is closed

amitbadgi

Hello guys I am getting this error while converting an asp applicayion
to asp.net

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException:
Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.

Source Error:

Line 168: rs =
Server.CreateObject("ADODB.recordset")Line 169:
Line 170: If Not rs.EOF ThenLine 171:
' If Not rs.EOFLine 172: Do
While Not rs.EOF

Source File: C:\Documents and
Settings\amit\WebSite1\reports\default.aspx Line: 170

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x800a0e78): Operation is not allowed when the object is
closed.]
Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.LateGet(Object o,
Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames,
Boolean[] CopyBack) +965
Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object
Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[]
ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack) +193727
ASP.default_aspx.__Render__control1(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control
parameterContainer) in C:\Documents and
Settings\amit\WebSite1\reports\default.aspx:170
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer,
ICollection children) +98
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +20
System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +27
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer,
ControlAdapter adapter) +53
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer,
ControlAdapter adapter) +280
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +24
+8878

Thanks in advance,

Kevin Spencer

See my reply to your first question. It is the same.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Everybody picks their nose,
But some people are better at hiding it.