asp to asp.net operation not allowed when object is closed

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by amitbadgi@gmail.com, Aug 10, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hello guys I am getting this error while converting an asp applicayion
    to asp.net

    Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException:
    Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.

    Source Error:

    Line 168: rs =
    Server.CreateObject("ADODB.recordset")Line 169:
    Line 170: If Not rs.EOF ThenLine 171:
    ' If Not rs.EOFLine 172: Do
    While Not rs.EOF

    Source File: C:\Documents and
    Settings\amit\WebSite1\reports\default.aspx Line: 170

    Stack Trace:

    [COMException (0x800a0e78): Operation is not allowed when the object is
    closed.]
    Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.LateGet(Object o,
    Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames,
    Boolean[] CopyBack) +965
    Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object
    Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[]
    ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack) +193727
    ASP.default_aspx.__Render__control1(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control
    parameterContainer) in C:\Documents and
    Settings\amit\WebSite1\reports\default.aspx:170
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer,
    ICollection children) +98
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +20
    System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +27
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer,
    ControlAdapter adapter) +53
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer,
    ControlAdapter adapter) +280
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +24
    +8878

    Thanks in advance,

    , Aug 10, 2005

  2. See my reply to your first question. It is the same.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    Everybody picks their nose,
    But some people are better at hiding it.

    Kevin Spencer, Aug 10, 2005