    be displayed in the browser for them to print out.

    Well thats it in a nutshell, can someone point me in the correct
    direction?
    Mangler, Dec 16, 2008

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Mangler
    <> writing in news:d3de7f73-95d8-43ea-a791-
    :

    > Just wondering how I can generate a pdf file through an ASP page.
    > Here is what I am doing, There is a page where a customer will input
    > some information like their address, email, etc. When the form is
    > submitted I want to place that information into a PDF file that will
    > be displayed in the browser for them to print out.
    >
    > Well thats it in a nutshell, can someone point me in the correct
    > direction?

    Out of curiosity, why bother with a PDF file for just the users'
    information? Why not use a print stylesheet?

    @media screen {
    #nav {float:left; width:15%}
    #footer {clear:both; font-size:80%;}
    #content {width:80%; font-size:100%}
    }
    @media print {
    #nav {display:none;}
    #footer {display:none;}
    #content {width:100%; font-size:10pt;}
    }

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    Adrienne Boswell, Dec 16, 2008

  3. Mangler

    Mangler Guest

    Because this is a return shipping label and the info they put in the
    fields needs to be in the label, the label is a pre made picture.
    Mangler, Dec 16, 2008
  4. Mangler

    Mike Brind Guest

    "Mangler" <> wrote in message
    > Just wondering how I can generate a pdf file through an ASP page.
    > Here is what I am doing, There is a page where a customer will input
    > some information like their address, email, etc. When the form is
    > submitted I want to place that information into a PDF file that will
    > be displayed in the browser for them to print out.
    >
    > Well thats it in a nutshell, can someone point me in the correct
    > direction?

    There are a number of thrid party components for this. One I've used with
    reasonable results is by Persits: ASPPdf.
    http://www.asppdf.com/

    --
    Mike Brind
    MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    Mike Brind, Dec 16, 2008
  5. Mangler

    Evertjan. Guest

    Mangler wrote on 16 dec 2008 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > Because this is a return shipping label and the info they put in the
    > fields needs to be in the label, the label is a pre made picture.

    ?????????????

    [please always quote on usenet]

    why not use a jpf ir tif?

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Dec 16, 2008
  6. Mangler

    Mike Brind Guest

    "Evertjan." <> wrote in message
    > Mangler wrote on 16 dec 2008 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    >
    >> Because this is a return shipping label and the info they put in the
    >> fields needs to be in the label, the label is a pre made picture.

    > ?????????????
    >
    > [please always quote on usenet]
    >
    > why not use a jpf ir tif?

    The text on the label/image would still need to be generated dynamically.
    As you know, there are components that do that too, but the printing result
    from a PDF is likely to be much better without additonal fiddling about with
    image resolutions etc

    --
    Mike Brind
    MVP - ASP/ASP.NET