ASP to PDF

Mangler

Just wondering how I can generate a pdf file through an ASP page.
Here is what I am doing, There is a page where a customer will input
some information like their address, email, etc. When the form is
submitted I want to place that information into a PDF file that will
be displayed in the browser for them to print out.

Well thats it in a nutshell, can someone point me in the correct
direction?

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Mangler
Just wondering how I can generate a pdf file through an ASP page.
Here is what I am doing, There is a page where a customer will input
some information like their address, email, etc. When the form is
submitted I want to place that information into a PDF file that will
be displayed in the browser for them to print out.

Well thats it in a nutshell, can someone point me in the correct
direction?

Out of curiosity, why bother with a PDF file for just the users'
information? Why not use a print stylesheet?

@media screen {
#nav {float:left; width:15%}
#footer {clear:both; font-size:80%;}
#content {width:80%; font-size:100%}
}
@media print {
#nav {display:none;}
#footer {display:none;}
#content {width:100%; font-size:10pt;}
}

Mangler

Because this is a return shipping label and the info they put in the
fields needs to be in the label, the label is a pre made picture.

Mike Brind

Mangler said:
Just wondering how I can generate a pdf file through an ASP page.
Here is what I am doing, There is a page where a customer will input
some information like their address, email, etc. When the form is
submitted I want to place that information into a PDF file that will
be displayed in the browser for them to print out.

Well thats it in a nutshell, can someone point me in the correct
direction?

There are a number of thrid party components for this. One I've used with
reasonable results is by Persits: ASPPdf.
http://www.asppdf.com/

Evertjan.

Mangler wrote on 16 dec 2008 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
Because this is a return shipping label and the info they put in the
fields needs to be in the label, the label is a pre made picture.

?????????????

[please always quote on usenet]

why not use a jpf ir tif?

Mike Brind

Evertjan. said:
Mangler wrote on 16 dec 2008 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
Because this is a return shipping label and the info they put in the
fields needs to be in the label, the label is a pre made picture.

[please always quote on usenet]

why not use a jpf ir tif?

The text on the label/image would still need to be generated dynamically.
As you know, there are components that do that too, but the printing result
from a PDF is likely to be much better without additonal fiddling about with
image resolutions etc