ASP to run: must it cost?

James

Hello all,

Recently I tried running some (working) ASP pages
that I had uploaded to some webspace I have on
the internet. Needless to say, any ASP I had
published to the world wide web wouldn't run!
It would appear as if my ISP doesn't allow this sort
of activity. I later discovered that, with another firm,
I could own a website with ASP but at a cost.

Does getting ASP onto your website
and running have to cost??

Looking forward to response(s)

James

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Some hosting companies provide ASP capabilities at no extra cost.
Some charge extra.
Some might not support it at all.
You should shop around to find a hosting companies that provides what you
need at a good price.

Mark Fitzpatrick

It could be that the host charges more because it's actually a different
server. Without ASP they may host it on an Apache web server and with ASP
they host it on IIS. ASP itself doesn't cost extra because it's part of IIS
4 and above, and IIS is free on the Windows Platform.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP -- FrontPage