ASP to send a Fax

Mike B

Ok anybody got any good ideas on how to send a fax from ASP.NET. I have an
exchange server available with a ms faxserver running both on a different
machine to the web server.

Mike

George Ter-Saakov

My guess you can look at the Email -> Fax solution.
ASP will send an Email to the fax server and Fax server sends out fax.

George.

PD

I have been weeks searching for a solution to this and
everyone keeps telling me to "buy" this and "buy" that. I
have SBS and want to programatically send a fax from my
ASP.NET app via MS Shared FAX. I can send a fax via
Outlook "IF" Fax Mail Transport Protocol is installed on
the client machine. If I pull the fax number and post it
in the To: field in the required format [Fax:555-555] via
SMTP the way my application is set up to process e-mail,
it errors out. It is counter productive at this point to
require user intervention to send a fax. This is the age
of technology, certainly there is a solution other than
buying something. Does anybody know how to make Exchange
detect that it's a fax without the request coming from
Outlook? Logic would dictate that Fax Mail Transport
would work elsewhere. How can "I" use Fax Mail Transport
within my application to mimic Outlook without using
Outlook? If Office Apps can do it, then why can't another
application? Somewhere, some how, Exchange interprets
this? Does anybody know?