ASP Treeview SQL Server - URGENT NEED!

David

Hello. I am trying to find a NON .NET answer to using a treeview
control with ASP. I am able to use this contror without issue in VB
but ASP presents an entirely different set of isssues.

I can get the treeview to populate based upon my recorset pulled from
the SQL Server but cannot get the value of the clicked node to appear
in the test input box. (This is the prelude to the actual working of
the click of the node. Once I capture the value on the page - the
processing can begin.) I also cannot seem to get my picture/icon to
show at the apptopriate node level. This is mostly because I don't
seem to be able to get the imagelist control to work properly. <sigh>

I could really use a simple, working example. All of the examples I
found are using .NET which is not an option for me here.

Thanks

David

William Morris

Curt_C said:
what control are you referring to? There is no tree control natively.

I'd be willing to bet the OP was referring to the VB OCX.

In my experience, using native VB controls is more of a PITA than it's
worth. You might take a look at this article, though. It shows a very nice
method of creating a treeview using XML/XSL. I haven't tried it, but it
looks very nice.

http://www.15seconds.com/issue/010921.htm