    an <input> field for each file to upload.

    Thanks for any suggestion.

    , Mar 14, 2006

  2. Larry Bud Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I am looking for a component allowing me uploading multiple files by my
    > asp page. I have found several components achieving this by require a
    > <input type="file" name="FileX"> field for each file to upload. I want
    > to allow my visitor to select the files to upload in the "Open" window.
    > In the "Open" window it should be possible to select multiple files.
    >
    > Does such an asp component exist?
    >
    > I have tested some like SAFileUp or Pure VB, but all seems to require
    > an <input> field for each file to upload.
    >
    > Thanks for any suggestion.

    5 seconds of googling "asp multiple file upload" found numerous hits,
    including

    http://www.15seconds.com/issue/990723.htm

    Larry Bud, Mar 14, 2006

    Hello,

    Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately this does not help. I have already
    done some research on this topic. As I am wrote, uploading multiple
    files is not the issue. The issue is to select these multiple files
    without having a <input> field for each file to upload.

    I want to click on an button that opens a "Open window". In this window
    it should be possible to select multiple files which should be
    uploaded. Does anyone know a component which can achieve this goal?

    , Mar 14, 2006
  4. Tim Slattery Guest

    wrote:

    >Hi there,
    >
    >I am looking for a component allowing me uploading multiple files by my
    >asp page. I have found several components achieving this by require a
    ><input type="file" name="FileX"> field for each file to upload. I want
    >to allow my visitor to select the files to upload in the "Open" window.
    >In the "Open" window it should be possible to select multiple files.
    >
    >Does such an asp component exist?

    ASP has nothing to do with it. you're asking about allowing the client
    to select multiple files at once. ASP runs on the server, not the
    client.

    There's no way to do this in HTML. The <input type="file"..." > HTML
    element allows a user to select ONE file. You can have as many of
    those elements on the page as you want, but each one will result in
    one file being uploaded.

    If you write an ActiveX control, of course, you can do anything you
    want.

    --
    Tim Slattery
    MS MVP(DTS)

    Tim Slattery, Mar 14, 2006
  5. Even Microsoft's OWA with Exchange (which is just an ASP Site) only lets you
    select one file at a time.

    --
    Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
    www.wandtv.com

    Phillip Windell, Mar 14, 2006
  6. Patrice Guest

    You can't without having something client side (java applet, activex control
    or dotnet control) that the users will have to allow (for safety reasons).

    --
    Patrice

    Patrice, Mar 14, 2006
  7. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed writing in

    > Hello,
    >
    > Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately this does not help. I have already
    > done some research on this topic. As I am wrote, uploading multiple
    > files is not the issue. The issue is to select these multiple files
    > without having a <input> field for each file to upload.
    >
    > I want to click on an button that opens a "Open window". In this window
    > it should be possible to select multiple files which should be
    > uploaded. Does anyone know a component which can achieve this goal?

    This might be useful: <http://www.cs.tut.fi/
    ~jkorpela/forms/file.html#multi>

    Basically, because of poor browser support, you can't. It's a client
    side issue.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

    Adrienne Boswell, Mar 15, 2006

    Thanks all for your help.

    Is there any ActiveX control out to buy which will achieve this? Any
    recommendations?

    , Mar 15, 2006