asp upload file size

Joe

Hello,

I have IIS 6.0 running on w2k3 Enterprise.

I have three upload forms
1 to have restricted uploads .asp
2 to upload plain .asp any extension
3 a FP form upload non .asp

The problrm I am having is with files larger thatn 2MB's

I have edited the metabase to enlarge the
aspmaxentityallowed (this has worked to a point)

In the XML file in system32 metabase.xml

This will allow local files to uploaded almost any size.
But when I go to a remote location outside the network.
(via the internet) The file can be no more than 1.5 to
2MB's if it is I get a 500 internal server error or the
asp page doesn't return the upload confirmation page.
For that matter no page returns the confirmation. The
file never get uploaded of course.

Try here at this location please to see

http://www.tech1solutions.com/aspsmartupload/sample3.htm

the asp page also has been edited to allow the accomadate
the file size.

It appears as if the file takes too long to upload do to
the vriable bandwidths the file is being uploaded from?
Is it timming out?
Thanks a bunch
Joe

joker

First off please read the following links since you Multiposted in both
microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general &
microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.components this is really rude.

http://www.aspfaq.com/etiquette.asp?id=5003

For possible solutions I would first recommend actually using something
that was designed for a file that large FTP. Still if you insist on
using ASP try the following links as they may have some useful information.

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2166

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2189

Hopefully that will help you.

Joe

Thanks Joker,

Well I have both of those components aspsmart upload and
Dundas. But the file size is too large it seems. Locally
it will upload. But remotely the file has to be less than
3 MG's
Thanks Joker
Joe

joker

Like I said for files of that size you should be using something that
was designed to handle files of that size like FTP.

That is one of the functions FTP was designed for is transferring files
both to & from the server.

So for the final time I'll tell you to use a FTP server as it is
designed to do what you want.

Joe

Hello Joker

I do have FTP but not all clients know how to use FTP.
But anyhow I did fix it. You can upload about any size
file you want now!

Thanks for your help on this matter
Joe