asp upload file size

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Joe, Sep 15, 2004.

  1. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Hello,

    I have IIS 6.0 running on w2k3 Enterprise.

    I have three upload forms
    1 to have restricted uploads .asp
    2 to upload plain .asp any extension
    3 a FP form upload non .asp

    The problrm I am having is with files larger thatn 2MB's

    I have edited the metabase to enlarge the
    aspmaxentityallowed (this has worked to a point)

    In the XML file in system32 metabase.xml

    This will allow local files to uploaded almost any size.
    But when I go to a remote location outside the network.
    (via the internet) The file can be no more than 1.5 to
    2MB's if it is I get a 500 internal server error or the
    asp page doesn't return the upload confirmation page.
    For that matter no page returns the confirmation. The
    file never get uploaded of course.

    Try here at this location please to see

    http://www.tech1solutions.com/aspsmartupload/sample3.htm

    the asp page also has been edited to allow the accomadate
    the file size.

    It appears as if the file takes too long to upload do to
    the vriable bandwidths the file is being uploaded from?
    Is it timming out?
    Thanks a bunch
    Joe

    Joe, Sep 15, 2004

  2. Joe

    joker Guest

    First off please read the following links since you Multiposted in both
    microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general &
    microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.components this is really rude.

    http://www.aspfaq.com/etiquette.asp?id=5003

    For possible solutions I would first recommend actually using something
    that was designed for a file that large FTP. Still if you insist on
    using ASP try the following links as they may have some useful information.

    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2166

    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2189

    Hopefully that will help you.

    joker, Sep 16, 2004

  3. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Thanks Joker,

    Well I have both of those components aspsmart upload and
    Dundas. But the file size is too large it seems. Locally
    it will upload. But remotely the file has to be less than
    3 MG's
    Thanks Joker
    Joe

    Joe, Sep 16, 2004
  4. Joe

    joker Guest

    Like I said for files of that size you should be using something that
    was designed to handle files of that size like FTP.

    That is one of the functions FTP was designed for is transferring files
    both to & from the server.

    So for the final time I'll tell you to use a FTP server as it is
    designed to do what you want.

    joker, Sep 16, 2004
  5. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Hello Joker

    I do have FTP but not all clients know how to use FTP.
    But anyhow I did fix it. You can upload about any size
    file you want now!

    Thanks for your help on this matter
    Joe

    Joe, Sep 17, 2004