ASP variable in HTML frame target?

2

2hawks

This is simpler than I am making it... all I want to do is build a url
for an html frame source from a string constant and a variable.

I want to

Response.Write "<Frame source=""bla.bla.asp?query=& aspVariable"" ...
etc>"

I can get it to open the bla.bla.com in the frame but the number and
sequence of quotes seem to be messing up the tail end of it

it is annoying becasue it is simple and I am close to it just seem to
be kicking it away when I almost get it to work...

ty

Peter

This is simpler than I am making it... all I want to do is build a url
for an html frame source from a string constant and a variable.

I want to

Response.Write "<Frame source=""bla.bla.asp?query=& aspVariable"" ...
etc>"

I can get it to open the bla.bla.com in the frame but the number and
sequence of quotes seem to be messing up the tail end of it

it is annoying becasue it is simple and I am close to it just seem to
be kicking it away when I almost get it to work...

ty

Response.Write
"<frame src=""bla.bla.asp?query=" & aspVariable & """ etc=""0"">"

Evertjan.

Peter wrote on 26 aug 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

You could not, because _source_ is incorrect.
Response.Write
"<frame src=""bla.bla.asp?query=" & aspVariable & """ etc=""0"">"

1
I would use single quotes for the HTML:

Response.Write "<frame src='bla.bla.asp?query=" &_
aspVariable & "' etc='0'>"

2
same render effect, even better readable to my aging mind, has:

%>
<frame src='bla.bla.asp?query=<% = aspVariable %>' etc='x'>
<%

3
OT: I would prefer not to use frames at all.

2

2hawks

Yes frames are ridiculous...but I must work with what is there...
anyhow, thanks for the good advice. Cheers.

response.write "<FRAME SRC=""YADAYAD.COM?QUERY=" & aspVariable & "