    it is annoying becasue it is simple and I am close to it just seem to
    be kicking it away when I almost get it to work...

    ty

    2hawks, Aug 25, 2006

  2. 2hawks

    Peter Guest

    "2hawks" <> wrote in news:1156545833.343686.131940
    @m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:

    > This is simpler than I am making it... all I want to do is build a url
    > for an html frame source from a string constant and a variable.
    >
    > I want to
    >
    > Response.Write "<Frame source=""bla.bla.asp?query=& aspVariable"" ...
    > etc>"
    >
    > I can get it to open the bla.bla.com in the frame but the number and
    > sequence of quotes seem to be messing up the tail end of it
    >
    > it is annoying becasue it is simple and I am close to it just seem to
    > be kicking it away when I almost get it to work...
    >
    > ty

    Response.Write
    "<frame src=""bla.bla.asp?query=" & aspVariable & """ etc=""0"">"

    Peter, Aug 26, 2006

  3. 2hawks

    Evertjan. Guest

    Peter wrote on 26 aug 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > "2hawks" <> wrote in news:1156545833.343686.131940
    > @m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:
    >
    >> This is simpler than I am making it... all I want to do is build a url
    >> for an html frame source from a string constant and a variable.
    >>
    >> I want to
    >>
    >> Response.Write "<Frame source=""bla.bla.asp?query=& aspVariable"" ...
    >> etc>"
    >> I can get it to open the bla.bla.com in the frame

    You could not, because _source_ is incorrect.

    >> but the number and
    >> sequence of quotes seem to be messing up the tail end of it
    >>
    >> it is annoying becasue it is simple and I am close to it just seem to
    >> be kicking it away when I almost get it to work...
    >>

    > Response.Write
    > "<frame src=""bla.bla.asp?query=" & aspVariable & """ etc=""0"">"

    1
    I would use single quotes for the HTML:

    Response.Write "<frame src='bla.bla.asp?query=" &_
    aspVariable & "' etc='0'>"

    2
    same render effect, even better readable to my aging mind, has:

    %>
    <frame src='bla.bla.asp?query=<% = aspVariable %>' etc='x'>
    <%

    3
    OT: I would prefer not to use frames at all.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Aug 26, 2006
  4. 2hawks

    2hawks Guest

    Yes frames are ridiculous...but I must work with what is there...
    anyhow, thanks for the good advice. Cheers.

    response.write "<FRAME SRC=""YADAYAD.COM?QUERY=" & aspVariable & "

    2hawks, Aug 27, 2006