ASP vs ASP.NET

Juan Ignacio DAmato

Hi, I'm new int ASP.NET
I would like to know what is the best practice to migrate ASP application to
ASP.NET application. I mean in ASP I have a balance between client code and
Server code but in ASP.NET web forms use server code. Should I change
everithing to start to use server side code insted of client code or I still
to have balance between both sides.

How to avoid back button behavior when I postback? I mean is possible to
have a group of post pages in a single back or forwared command in Internet
Explorer that's really annoying

Thanks in advance

Guinness Mann

I would like to know what is the best practice to migrate
ASP application to ASP.NET application.

I'm not going to address your specific question, but one thing that you
will run across is how to communicate state between the asp and asp.net
portions of your program. (Each service has its own session object.)

There is an excellent article in this Month's asp.netPRO magazine by
Dennis Hurst called "Share Session State Between ASP and ASP.NET Apps."

It is also available at www.aspnetpro.com, but if you're not a
subscriber you can't access it.

I have no connection with asp.netPro magazine or Dennis Hurst, just
pointing out a resource.

-- Rick

Andre

This is a subject that's been bothering me for month (how to share a session
between ASP and ASP.NET), but I could not find any documentation.

Would you be so kind as to post the relevant information (as you understood
it from reading the article you reffer to), and help me solve this issue ?

an example of code would help...