    Thank you.

    Regards,

    Raj.

    Raj, May 30, 2007

  2. Raj wrote:
    > Is there somebody who can prove ASP.NET is faster than ASP ( need to
    > quantify - how fast it is )

    Probably not.
    I am not aware of any published comparisons and frankly, you could do
    your own comparison in your own environment using your own application
    code. In other words, even if there are published results, they are
    unlikely to be relevant to your situation.

    Intuitively, compiled dll's are very likely to be much faster than
    interpreted vbscript code ... at _some_tasks ...
    As a famous author once said: VB waits just as fast as C++

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], May 30, 2007

  3. Raj

    Terje Guest

    Bob Barrows [MVP] wrote:
    > Raj wrote:
    >> Is there somebody who can prove ASP.NET is faster than ASP ( need to
    >> quantify - how fast it is )
    >>

    > Probably not.
    > I am not aware of any published comparisons and frankly, you could do
    > your own comparison in your own environment using your own application
    > code. In other words, even if there are published results, they are
    > unlikely to be relevant to your situation.
    >
    > Intuitively, compiled dll's are very likely to be much faster than
    > interpreted vbscript code ... at _some_tasks ...
    > As a famous author once said: VB waits just as fast as C++

    Does my Firefox load aspx files faster than asp files? Hell no.

    terje

    Terje, May 30, 2007
  4. Terje wrote:
    > Does my Firefox load aspx files faster than asp files? Hell no.

    And what does the client have to do with server performance? The question is
    about performance on the server.

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, May 30, 2007
  5. Raj

    Terje Guest

    Dave Anderson wrote:
    > Terje wrote:
    >> Does my Firefox load aspx files faster than asp files? Hell no.

    > And what does the client have to do with server performance? The question is
    > about performance on the server.

    Well, maybe the client would notice the difference, if there was one.

    terje

    Terje, May 30, 2007
  6. Raj

    GeorgeScott Guest

    I believe the real answer here is the code written efficient. You can
    write slow code in ASP or ASP.Net the better you are the language the
    faster your code will be.

    For the original poster, even though ASP.Net is complex, if you want
    to make a great deal of money go ahead and try to learn it because
    people will pay for it, while it is hard to get people excited about
    Asp 3.0 because not going to be updated any longer. Asp 3.0 is much
    easier but no one really cares, they just end product and be able to
    say it on the "lastest greatest" technology.

    GeorgeScott, Jun 14, 2007