Asp vs ASPX pages in terms of security

Patrick Olurotimi Ige

Can asp pages have the same security integration like aspx pages?
For example integrating ASPX pages with Active directory etc...forms
auth and windows auth?
We have a scenario some developers still use asp pages and use NTFS
security:(
what is the best way to explain the difference and the advantages fo
using .Net/aspx pages over normal asp pages?
cos i don't think asp pages can integeate directly with active
Directory?

Scott Allen

Not in the same fashion as ASPX pages do, no, but an advantage to the
asp.net approach is we can specify authorization declaratively in
web.config, i.e.

<deny users="?"/>
<allow users="FOO\Accounting">
<allow users="FOO\

No NTFS permissions to adjust at install time!