ASP Web Forms - looking for ideas.

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Gary, Jul 2, 2003.

  1. Gary

    Gary Guest

    Hello Group, been lurking for a while now, great source of info. A little
    help if you will?

    I have two tables:
    Applicant1
    Applicant2

    I have one form with details for App1 and App2.

    Can I somehow insert the necessary values from the App1 fields into table1
    and the App2 fields into table2? Does not seem obvious, I have a work
    around which I am going to design should I find no easier way.

    My work around:
    Create the form with both App1 and App2 fields present. onSubmit I shall
    store App1 values in Table1 AND record ALL App2 fields as Session Values. I
    will then redirect to "Table2Parse.asp" and have a hidden form take the
    Session Values and automatically submit them to Table2 and redirect to a
    thank you URL.

    This seems logical to me, I think I can have it done in an hour or so, just
    not sure if this is the best way to proceed.

    Anyone else have any thoughts? I NEED to have two separate tables for
    compatibility reasons, and I don't want to split the data from a third table
    using queries.

    Thanks for any advice offered!

    Gary Whittle.
    www.24it.co.uk - site officially launching soon.
    Gary, Jul 2, 2003

  2. Gary

    Bob Barrows Guest

    Please don't multipost. I've already replied to this question over at
    ..asp.db. If you feel you must direct your question at multiple newsgroups*,
    then post one single message to the desired groups by putting the group
    names into the To list (aka crosspost)

    *.asp.db is the only group you needed to post this to. Your question
    concerns asp and database code: absolutely no ambiguity.

    Bob
    Bob Barrows, Jul 2, 2003